Extra Desktops is an application that allows to use extra desktops, besides the normal
desktop. Use a desktop for storing your downloads, use one filled with your regularly played MP3,
use another one for the files of that project you are currently working on.
With ExtraDesktops, there is no need anymore to browse to all these folders you regularly use: simply hit a key, and the files are right there on your desktop!
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (works with reduced functionality)
How to Use
Once installed, you will find Desktop Effects integrated with Windows Explorer.
Right-click on an empty space of your desktop and choose the `Configure Extra Desktops' item.
After accessing the configuration menu through a right-click on the desktop, you will be able to add new desktops.
- Shadowed text does not work on all view modes.
- The configuration dialog is currently only accesible on the main desktop.
- You have to press the hotkey for a desktop if you want it to be visible
- If a hotkey is not working, it is in use by another application
- If the application does not install correctly, make sure you have Visual Studio 2005 SP1 Runtime Files
A preview version of ExtraDesktops can be downloaded, that will expire on September 28, 2008.
Make sure you have the following packages installed:
Download Installer — Important: this version will expire on September 28, 2008
Extra Desktops is copyright © Andreas Verhoeven, 2007.